- Download application here.
- The application deadline for the 2013-2014 year has been extended until May 3, 2013. The deadline was extended to allow the House of Representatives and Senate time to consider passing the STEP UP Bill which would provide financial assistance to students with Intellectual Disabilities who enroll in Postsecondary Education programs such as the FUTURE Program at the University of Tennessee.
- Applicants who are not offered acceptance will
be placed on the waiting list but must reapply each year.
Steps to Application Process
- Download a Student Application Packet from this webpage or request an electronic version
- Complete and submit the Student Application Packet including a non-refundable check of $30.00 payable to the University of Tennessee
- Complete application packets include:
- High School Transcripts
- Copy of most recent Individual Education Plan (IEP) documents
- Copy of Educational Evaluation conducted within the past three years. Examples include: Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement (KTEA) or Woodcock Johnson III
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (see application packet for guidelines)
- Results of a current physical examination (within last 12 months)
- Upon receipt and review of the completed application packet, the applicant may be contacted to schedule a personal interview along with parent/family/guardian/or support person as determined by the Application Screening Committee.
NOTE: Due to space limitations not all applicants who complete the application and meet the "criteria for admission" can be accommodated.
Applicant Selection Process
An Application Screening Committee will review applications and select students for admission. Please do not call about the status of your application, as we will not be able to provide this information for you over the phone. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by a letter or phone call. The decision to offer or deny admission to the program will be determined by the Application Screening Committee using their best judgment and in the best interest of the applicant. Detailed admission criteria can be found on page 4 of the Application Packet.
This activity is made possible through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education: Award No. P407A10006. The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA/ institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.
Contact the FUTURE Program
University of Tennessee
430 Claxton Complex
1122 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996-3452
Phone: (865) 974-9176